back to an older obsession

neil gaiman sayeth "If I were making 'American Gods,' which I'm not, I'd probably want to do it as a HBO miniseries or something because I don't know if you really can squeeze it into a film," he said. "I keep getting phone calls from eminent directors and producers saying, 'We've read 'American Gods,' it would make an amazing movie, how would you squeeze it into film shape?' And if I could have squeezed it into film shape, I would have written it as a film script! It's huge, and it's meant to be huge". You know, they made an epic LotR movie. Like... you could do one yourself. For Gods' sake, it would be awesome and it deserves the big screen! Stardust was so great and so was Coraline, why not American Gods? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!
Also, i want Peter Stormare for Chernobog (i don't care what producers have to do. Beg, promise eternal servitude and your first born child, you just have to give the man this part) and Stellan Skarsgard for Wednesday. Because, hello, he's fabulous, norse and a gemini. and Odin was, after all, the rough equivalent of Mercury so don't you tell me Stellan can't play it. Bonus: he's the daddy of Eric the Awesome. For Shadow, it's either Dominic Purcell or The Rock. Yep, The Rock was actually OK in Southland Tales.

posted under , |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Free Personal signatures - cool!

TEXTAREA_ID

music


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

My list

Counter

Powered By Blogger

About me

My photo
A collection of random thoughts and serious obsessions.

Rants archive

Search stuff here

Followers


Recent Comments