i just read a dictionary of feminism

...okay more like skimmed it. v interesting, though a little too academical for my tastes. so, of course, here follows my opinion on the subject.
first of all, we seriously need to reclaim the goddess within us. the one who is not daughter/wife/devoted mother/wannabe man but is woman and proud of it. proud of all her divinity and womanhood. the one who flaunts her awesomeness - mental, emotional and physical. the media constantly tells us we are not good enough, that looks are all that matters and that our menstrual blood is blue, among other things. we are bombarded with impossible standards every day - be a brill career woman, an accomplished lover, a perfect mother and wife, prim, proper, always on a diet, never complaining and keeping a stiff upper lip. and we should to all sort of tricks to keep a man.
see, i intend to be nothing of those things. my blood is red (and it hurts like hell, just for the record), i have no intention of learning how to cook (and if i start a family, well, i'll clean and he cooks - look, fair labor division), and if a relationship goes sour, well, honey, i'll act like lilith on crack and i have no intention of apologizing. yes, relationships are very important. there's no such thing as "no strings attached", who are you kidding.  yes, i mind if you don't listen to what i have to say, if you try to boss me around and if you have even the faintest impression that you own me. barbarian macho displays will be met with fierce resistance because my ego is just as important as yours. i'm very relating-oriented, i adore pastel colors, a general genteel behaviour, and girly stuff. this doesn't make me any less intelligent or capable. i don't want to be the executive of a company, i will complain and sometimes roar, i'm willing to do tricks as long as the other is willing to do tricks for me in return. having emotions is good, though frustrating sometimes, being friendly to people is good, being me is good.

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Free Personal signatures - cool!

TEXTAREA_ID

music


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

My list

Counter

Powered By Blogger

About me

My photo
A collection of random thoughts and serious obsessions.

Search stuff here

Followers


Recent Comments